3 June 2008

MAYO College, Ajmer

Mayo- heaven, dreamland, my school. More than 130 years old institute. Royal history behind it. My days in that 400+ acre campus- Those were the best days of my life. Memories of my stay there will always remain with me. I smile, i cry when i think of my school. I miss those beautiful days and priceless moments. I know that time can never return but i am lucky i was a part of that great school which is well known for its Royalty and beauty. 'Proud to be a Mayoite', thats all i can say. Mayo college 'Eton of the east' will live forever.

I can still remember the feeling that grew inside me everytime i entered the main gate, with the view of the main building right before as we entered. I cannot forget my room. It was colourful, clean and pics on the wall and in my cupboard everywhere.

Mayo gave me more than i deserved. Wonderful teachers, everlasting memories, true friends, i was made captain of my school cricket team and college monitor, taught me how to live life, take responsibilities and respect for all.

Because of Mayo i got to visit many places in india. Our successfull visit to pakistan and my exchange program to England and a week in Scotland with my friends.

I made a lot of friends there. Batchmates, seniors and juniors. I got great respect and love from all. My chapter of mayo is incomplete without my house master Mr. Pant who believed in me and supported me throughout my mayo days.

I joined mayo in 9th grade and i was there till my 12th boards. Four great years.

Last few months were amazing. Exam time all of us studied together, midnight parties, playing cricket in the corridor, sneeking out of the campus such moments i wish i could relive.

During those days there were few things i did that i never dreamt of doing such as... sleeping on a railway platform waiting for our 4 a.m. train. That same train being a third class non a/c wooden chair train. Hopping from one platform to another while crossing railway tracks. Walking on the streets late at night. Three hour walk in the middle of the night from Edinburgh to Musselburgh in Scotland with my friends. Eating dinner in famous food street in lahore.

I thank my parents and mayo for giving me such opporunities and for teaching me how to become a better person.

GO MAYO!!!

1 comment:

Achint said...

nice one... GO MAYO...